- Kindergarten will learn America (My Country Tis of Thee) *
- First grade learned America the Beautiful *
- Second grade learned You're a Grand Old Flag
- Third grade learned God Bless America *
- Fourth grade is learning The Star-Spangled Banner (National Anthem)
Here is a link to information and recordings of the Star-Spangled Banner from the National Association for Music Education webpage for National Anthem Day.
While we studied patriotic songs we also reviewed the song that stands for our school and its teams: The SCC Titan Fight Song. Students are encouraged to stand out of respect for the school and teams, sing along with the band or cheerleaders, and clap the beat. Here are the words in case you'd like to join them.
Titans, Titans, all cheer for thee.
To our colors loyal are we.
Strong, united, victorious to be.
Rah, rah, rah for SCC.
Titan, Titan loyalty.
Onward to victory.
If you'd like some history (along with an Iowa connection) or want to hear the tune, here's a link.